Your little one seems to reach a new milestone every few months. When your child’s teeth start to come in, it’s an exciting sign that they are growing up—and an indication that it’s time to schedule their first visit to the dentist. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends a child’s first dental visit be after their first tooth comes in and before their first birthday.
At Silverdale Dental Center, we know how important it is to find an exceptional family dentist you can trust. Our specialty pediatric dentist understands the needs of your youngest family members and goes above and beyond to make sure their smiles are healthy, strong, and happy from their very first visit in one of our chairs.
Gentle Pediatric Care From Your Child’s New Dentist
We have the expertise to treat little smiles, from infants to teens. You can trust our pediatric dentist and assistants in Silverdale, WA to take excellent care of your child’s teeth and gums. We know that first visits can cause anxiety for patients of all ages and we strive to make this and every visit a positive, productive one. Establishing good relationships with dentistry from an early age results in healthy smiles for a lifetime.
What To Expect at Your Child’s First Appointment
Your child’s first introduction to the dentist is important, and we make it our goal that they feel comfortable, relaxed, and excited about dental visits. We believe the dentist can be a fun, anxiety-free experience for all of our patients, no matter how many baby or permanent teeth they have.
With family-friendly amenities and fun distractions for your child, including prizes and personalized TV viewing, we facilitate a warm and welcoming environment for even the littlest members of your family.
Depending on your child’s age and comfort level, his or her first appointment with our pediatric dentist may include:
- A quick, efficient check-up to inspect your child’s overall dental health
- An informal exam to warm up for future appointments
- An examination to look for signs of tooth decay
- A simple tooth cleaning to promote good hygiene habits
- An inspection of the jaw, bite, tooth, and gum development
- A swift fluoride treatment to strengthen teeth and prevent cavities
- Games, surprises, and rewards to create a fun, enjoyable experience
A Great Start for Your Child’s Healthy Smile
Silverdale Dental Center’s pediatric team can teach your child the importance of great dental health from the very beginning.
We can show you:
- Kid-friendly techniques designed to promote great habits
- Helpful tips for parents to help their kids prevent tooth decay and deterioration
We combine our specialized dental knowledge with a warm, friendly approach to help your child’s smile have a positive, healthy start!
Preventive dentistry will ensure that your child’s teeth and gums remain healthy. Regular cleanings remove the plaque and bacteria that compromise oral health, while exams allow us to effectively identify indicators of decay or infection. You can download your child’s new patient paperwork here to expedite your time waiting during your first appointment.
Education Is Critical To Maintaining a Healthy Smile
We will provide your child with the information and tools to care for their teeth and gums with proper brushing and flossing techniques. Our friendly staff implements the “tell, show, do” method when treating your child to prevent any anxiety.
Our pediatric dentist will also serve as an excellent source of knowledge for all of your questions and concerns about maintaining your child’s oral health at home.
Preparing for Your Child’s First Visit
While we do all we can to help your child feel at ease during his or her visit, there are a few things you can do to prepare for an easier first appointment:
- Keep It Positive: Explain to your child what happens at the dentist using upbeat, positive language.
- Explain the Process: It may be helpful to read books about the dentist or watch their favorite character make a dental visit of their own.
- Bring Comfort Measures: If your child seems nervous about the appointment, it’s a good idea to bring a favorite toy or stuffed animal along for comfort.
- Prepare Paperwork: To ensure your visit is quick and easy, try to fill out any necessary forms at home before you and your child come into our practice.
- Practice and Play: Get on your child’s level and play dentist to help them get ready for what will happen during their exam and first cleaning.
Ready to Schedule Your Child’s First Dental Appointment?
The team at Silverdale Dental Center provides a fun, relaxed environment for our youngest patients. Call today to schedule your child’s first visit!